Ashley and I live very near
Mission Trails Regional Park. It's a great open area, with lots of hiking, biking, rock climbing, camping, birding, and general recreation, not to mention, a bit of history. The park area was inhabited by several Native American peoples, and later by Spanish missionaries, before the bulk of Western Civilization invaded. Mission Trails Regional Park has bits of history from all of these peoples - grinding rocks, where Kumayaay women would grind their meal; the Old Mission Dam, completed in 1815 by the Spanish padres and Native Americans; and a large, modern Visitor Center with all kinds of educational material and displays.
Anyways, my new goal is to hike, bike, or run all of the trails in Mission Trails Regional Park (more than 40 miles). A map of the trail system is available online at
http://www.mtrp.org/trail_map/trail_map.asp. I have already completed a number of trails so far, but the challenge is going to be getting the longer trails accomplished.
So, what's the plan? One trail at a time. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment