Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mission Trails Update

It's been just over a week since I announced my new goal of hiking, running, or biking all the trails in Mission Trails Regional Park, so it's time for an update.

So far, it's been going well, although I'm hitting a few minor roadblocks: one trail was flooded and I couldn't finish the trail, construction restricts access to certain trails in the park, my right foot feels like it's lightly bruised when I put pressure on it (it's gotten a bit better recently, and I hope it doesn't get worse), and I'm trying to stay clear of other health issues that have been plaguing my wife and I.

But, so far, so good! My completed trail count is up to 15, with I don't know how many left. I'm keeping track of my progress by highlighting a printout of the trail system. I am proud to say that the orange highlights are starting to take over the map.

Today's run was about 2.5 miles. It wasn't that long, but it wasn't that flat, either! And after being out of commission for the majority of 8 months, it wasn't an easy run.

So, with only a few minor setbacks, things are looking good for me to finish my goal well before we move to Chicago in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment