Well, it's been a few days, so I thought I'd share with you some strange news I recently found (ok, so some of it isn't exactly recent, but it's still in 2010):
Does your cereal smell funny? Well, it may be recalled if it's Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Froot Loops, or Honey Smacks. Or it just may be that your cereal smells funny. Read more at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/25/business/main6618232.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.2.
Or how about solving the world's pollution problems by building a floating city! http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/island-recycled-plastic-form-pacific/story?id=11054077&page=1.
This second article is interesting - I can see how the plastic island could be a tourist attraction, but think of how many moving pieces you would need to get in place! You would need doctors, teachers, firefighters, trash collectors, repairmen, lots of lifeguards, police, bankers, etc. etc. all to move there and then work together. In what denomination will they be paid?
Plus, what happens in a storm? What about a flu epidemic? How would you get your non-growables there? Would you have to import food? That would cost a ton of money! Who would own the island? Who would run the island? Is there a prison on the island?
Even if you did get all of these pieces in place, is "the convenience of a location where the weather is always nice" enough to make people actually move there instead of San Diego, which doesn't float on Pacific Ocean currents and already has year-round nice weather?
If I were an investor, I would stay away from this project, but that's just my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment