Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Dreaming

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a while - I've been working! Yes, I got a job. I am the Treasury Analyst at Amsted Industries Incorporated. Wanna see what we do? Check out the corporate site here. It's a good job - good people, good company, good benefits. And it's quite a learning experience.

Ashley's enjoying pastry school and I'm enjoying it too, especially when she brings home food! (Love ya, babe!).

Chicago's fun, but mostly only if you have money. Virginia was a blast (see Ashley's blog for a run-down of the vacation). We're making friends and I'm having fun with the Boy Scouts. But, when you're on a "miserable budget" (see Elder Andersen's awesome talk), you hardly ever see the sun, it hasn't been above 30 degrees in over a week, when people ask you what your plans for the weekend are and you respond "study for the CPA" (PS - I passed FAR - one down, three more to go), your trains to and from work are both delayed, and the sickest slope you can find is in your parking lot ........


You'd better bet I'm dreaming of this (pictures from Surfermag.com's greatest surf pictures of 2010):


Yeah, that's what I'm talking about . . . (brownie points if you can name the location of the top picture . . . no points for the lower - it's not even  named . . .) . . . one of these days . . .

3 comments:

  1. oh oh! I know the bottom one!! it's a WAVE! ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take a stab at the surf spot. Oceanside, San Diego?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I was gonna say that top one looks like Oceanside...

    Congrats on the new job! Hooray! I hope it is going great for you.

    ReplyDelete