Today, the police stopped by, asking for Christine. Yeah, that was weird. Then, Ashley and I drove in to Chicago to see some crazy snow sculptures at Navy Pier for part of Chicago's Snow Days.
Here are some of my favorites:
This one is called "Shark Feast" - a funny title and a funny sculpture.
This one was of some Japanese temple. This one was probably my favorite one.
But, then again, there was this pirate sculpture which was pretty sweet.
Ashley's favorite was this "Arctic Alarm". Pretty funny stuff. If you can't tell, there's a penguin on the top about to bang on the drums to rudely awaken a sleeping polar bear. The two penguins to the right are locked and loaded with a pile of snowballs.
After a fun and freezing hour or so walking around and gawking at snow sculptures from high schools and professionals, we drove up to Lincoln Park to see . . . THE BLUE MAN GROUP! Thank you so much Maurie and family! We had a blast. The show is so unique and fun. Our seats were in the second row, front-and-center. We were so close, we could see the streaks in the paint on the Blue Men. It was awesome. I highly recommend this show to anyone, except for the elderly . . . it may be a little too much for the older folks - with strobe lights, toilet paper, and loud music (yes, toilet paper - check out one of their trailers). Ashley and I had such a fun time. So, for the first time in a lot of weekends, I didn't touch my CPA study materials at all (don't worry - I'm on track with my studies to ace REG on February 19th) and just had a fun time. The only thing that would have made the weekend better would be not having a sore throat, headache, and exhaustion. Oh well, we still had lots of fun.

I want to see Blue Man group so bad at some point. And that last picture is awesome! Good for you for impersonating his stare haha
ReplyDelete