Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time for My Monthly Blog Post

Ok, so it's been a while. I've been a little busy with CPA, work, Scout Camp, etc.

Here are some recent stories and developments:

1. My cookie story. Today, I was working on some accounting stuff and I was off by $2.34 and I couldn't trace it back to the source of the problem. It was about 2:30 pm, the office was hot, and I was tired. I was getting nowhere fast. So, I took a snack break. Mint chocolate cake from Market Creations? Way too expensive for an old, stale, tasteless piece of cake. Cheesecake brownie from Au Bon Pain? Too expensive for too little brownie. Subway cookies? Bingo. So, for less than $2, I had three beautiful, soft, tasty cookies. I wolfed down my cookies at my desk and you know what? I easily solved my $2.34 dilemma within two minutes. Moral of the story: Cookies solve everything.

2. Good thing I have a Facebook page because I might have forgotten something very important:

Not only did it remind me of my anniversary, but now I know exactly what I'm going to get her!
A Facebook message!! Isn't it romantic?

3. After surviving Scout Camp, I'm now the Scoutmaster . . . yeah. Young men beware. But honestly, the previous Scoutmaster had been Scoutmaster for nearly a decade! It's like being asked to be Scoutmaster after Brother Olsen (for those of you who know him). So, wish me luck!

4. Took the BEC portion of the CPA exam. Let's hope this practice-test score is indicative of how well I'll do on the real test.



I'm getting pretty sick of taking these tests and failing them. The scoring on these tests doesn't seem to make any sense. I'm pretty sure they just pull up a name, throw some darts and give that name the score of the dart game they just threw. Oh well.

And that's all. Gotta go to bed now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment