Some weekly thoughts for all y'all:
There is still some significant uncertainty in the financial markets over the Eurozone debt problems. If I understand it, the fear is that if one country defaults on debt payments, it will cause another country to default, causing another country to default, and everything may fall apart like a house of cards. Well, check out this cool visual of who owes who money and take a look at the US portion . . . wow. Eurozone debt web: Who owes what to whom?
Then there's the whole Occupy [insert name of large city here] thing going on. There are issues on both sides of the line. Example: out of control pepper-spraying, crimes going on in camps, etc. But,I thought this was interesting - Occupy Protests Across the Country Take Toll on City Budgets. On the radio the other day, I heard a story about one man who was protesting because he lost his high school teaching job because of budget cuts. Does anyone else see the irony in this? This man is protesting budget cuts and his actions are directly causing budget problems.
I don't completely disagree with Occupy. Politics should not be influenced by money to the extent that it is today. Politicians need a lot of help . . . legislating that pizza is a vegetable? Come on! So, props for trying to do something about something, but maybe try something more productive.
I apologize to anyone reading who is asking him- or herself, "So, what has John been up to? I want some funny videos or pictures or something." Well, it's mainly been work, study, Scouts, laundry, making dinner, study, etc. So, this is as exciting as it's getting around here for me lately. Sorry! But at least I'm blogging, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment