Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Deep Questions

Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?
If a car is driving the speed of light, what happens when it turns its lights on?
What really happened to the dinosaurs?
Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Do animals laugh?
How do pigeons find their way back home even if they're released from a place they've never been?
How did Moses survive fasting 40 days (if you believe it was a literal 40 days)?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. If I had a million dollars I would buy a modest house, and then I would use the rest to help people in the world who are less fortunate...or give it to Pleasant Grove JHS so I could have air conditioning in my class...there are so many good things you could do with lots of money. If only...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take on the fasting question. Yes, I believe that it was a literal 40 days, but of food, not water also. The Savior did this, as did Mahatma Gandhi. It is generally believed that one cannot survive more than about 4 days or so with out food and water, but during some of the tragic earthquakes where people have been trapped under debris for about 2 weeks and have lived. I do not know if they have survived after that, as they would need IV treatment to rehydrate and to get proper electrolyte balances, etc. Specialized care would be needed. Anyway, I believe that the 40 days is at the limit of our physical bodies, but can be done if liquid is taken in regularly during that period. Dad

    ReplyDelete