Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Interesting Rock

Almost two years ago, my friend Chris and I hiked Mount Timpanogos, one of the highest peaks on the Wasatch Front.

We decided to take the quick way down by glissading down the permanent snow field. Once at the bottom of the snow field, we hiked our way through loose rock and debris back to the main trail (the area behind me in this picture).

It was during this part of  our trek that I happened to discover this rock:


If anyone knows what this may be, I would really like to know. I don't know if it is some weird geological formation, a geode, or maybe even dinosaur egg fossils. If you know anyone who might have the answer, I'm interested in getting in contact with them.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a good time! I found a rock with a hole straight through it:)

    ReplyDelete