Just when things were getting better . . . we're under attack!
Asian multicolored lady beetles are invading our apartment! Lady bugs are good, right? Well, they eat aphids (great for a garden . . . if you actually have one . . . we don't), they're considered good luck in a number of cultures, they're "cute," but that's about it. In fact, they bite. They stink. And they leave a yellow stain when they secrete some kind of chemical.
Over all, I'm over lady bugs.
The best way to get rid of them once they're in your house is to vacuum them up, which also makes the inside of your vacuum nasty from the bug guts. Catch and release doesn't really work because they just keep coming in, and they'll escape whatever container you put them in.
On the first day of the invasion (Friday), I caught around 30 of these guys. Yesterday, when we came home from visiting family, there were easily more than 50 of them flying around the house, dead on the windowsill, crawling in, on, and around then windows, dead on the carpet etc.. Apparently, our windows and sliding glass door are not sealed up tight enough. I need to talk to management about this . . .
Needless to say, when I expect to come home and spend a few hours studying for the CPA exam, the last thing I want to do is deal with a lady bug infestation . . . who knew!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment