Early part of this week - study for the financial section of the CPA exam.
Wednesday - Take the financial section of the CPA exam . . . I'll be lucky if I pass. Then Scouts and a Young Men's Presidency meeting.
Thursday - BYU Management Society meeting downtown and then, since I was already downtown, I did some exploring (pictures below). Later that night - run with a running group at the local Fleet Feet store.
Today - Study for the regulation section of the CPA exam, LDS Employment Resource Center Networking Meeting, study some more for the CPA.
Job status - still unemployed, but I have three interviews next week, so hopefully something will come of those.
And here are some pictures from my Chicago excursion:
Rowdy, this one's for you!
And here's stereotypical Chicago . . . I'm discovering that I'm not much of a big city person. Give me some open spaces or wilderness, maybe a suburb and I'll be just fine.
The preceding picture was taken from Millennium Park, which is were I went exploring.
The Bean/Cloud/Silver Kidney whatever you want to call it. Is it not the strangest, most out-of-place and alien piece of art? Fun . . . but strange.
And how about this crazy fountain? I've seen pictures of this before, but I never knew that the people weren't photographs but videos.
I thought about heading down to Buckingham Fountain, but that was a few more blocks and by that time, I just wanted to get somewhere warm. With Chicago getting colder, being unemployed, and huge swells and surfing contests hitting Hawaii, I'm definitely dreaming of being a surf bum in warmer climates somewhere in the Pacific.

jiu jitsu, it's everywhere i want to be.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates and pictures. I'm with you - the city looks interesting, but I'd much rather be where I can see the sky. Good luck with those interviews next week. :)
ReplyDeleteMom