June 10-11, 2011, I will be running 21.64 miles with Team "Lead Me. Guide Me. Run Beside Me" in the Chicago Ragnar Relay. Check out my route, I'm runner twelve. Here's what I'm proposing: I run any where from 3 to 30 miles per week along some of the busiest Elmhurst streets and along the Prarie Path, which is traversed by many a runner, biker, and walker, in preparation for this race. I wear your logo, your slogan, your company name or ad on my training runs and during the race in exchange for entry fees for the race ($90). If you're interested, leave me a comment and we'll get in touch.
In relation to the running, I finally picked up my Vibram Fivefingers KSO from REI (thanks siblings!). These things are pretty cool. I feel much more in touch with the earth (pun somewhat intended). I keep hearing that I need to be careful in them, to take it easy, and enjoy. I am. I ran half a mile this morning on the treadmill (it's snowing . . . . again) and it felt pretty darn good. I think I may do one of my Ragnar relay legs in them. Of course, that will require some easing into the "shoes." Otherwise, I really need new running shoes - the tread on my Nimbus shoes is nearly gone and my toes have put holes in the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, that race looks amazing, crazy, and perfect for an adventure seeker like you. It looks like you've got the most challenging leg, too. We'll be cheering for you from California.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
That's awesome! Dave and I are doing the Las Vegas Ragnar in October!!
ReplyDelete