Thursday, April 14, 2011

Go Sox!

Chicago seems to be a hub for professional sports - White Sox, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Bears, and a bunch of semi-pro teams. While attending a Cubs game at Wrigley Field is still on my list of "Things that Would be Cool to Do While in Chicago", I had the opportunity to go to a White Sox game on Tuesday night. Here's the debate that went on in my head:

"Free White Sox tickets!? Sweet! I'll totally go!"

"Wait . . . 7:10 pm game, I live about an hour from the field. I won't get home until really late."

"Yeah, but the youth in the church need rides, and plus, how many opportunities are you going to have to go see the White Sox in Chicago!?"

"True. But, I also have two CPA exams to study for."

"Study on the train."

"Ok - let's do this! How many opportunities like this am I going to get? I gotta live life!"

So, I went. Here are pictures to prove it!


Here's the Chicago skyline from the ramp leading up to the nose bleed section where our seats were. Even though we were waaay up there, we could still see everything and everyone and we could be as rambunctious as we wanted and spread out all over the place. You can actually see the building I work at in this picture - it's the tall, pointy one just to the right of the center.


The view from our seats. Those little white dots on the green and tan thing are people. Actually, to be precise, the white dots are the people's pants.


The game went really slow. We left somewhere around the 5th inning . . . at 9:15pm. I didn't get to bed until close to midnight and when you have to get up at 5:45 am to get to work . . . let's just say I'm going to be really happy when Saturday comes around.

But hey - big thanks to Sam for grabbing us a bunch of tickets! The kids from the church really had a good time. The adults who brought the kids had a fun time. I had a great time. Go Sox!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the previous comment. I didn't know I was signed in under Dave's account...But that sounds awesome. I'm glad you went!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun. Baseball games kind of bore me to watch. I once was at a Dodger game where they brought in a knuckle ball pitcher. That was really fun, because no one could hit the ball, and the big guys just kept "whiffing" it. It just cracked me up. But I like the hot dogs and popcorn!

    ReplyDelete