Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Few Reasons I Like General Conference

1. I get to sleep in.

2. The speakers speak the word of the Lord by the power of the Holy Ghost. This always strengthens my resolve to do good and to follow the commandments. To watch, listen to, or read this past conference, click here.

3. The food. Growing up, my parents had a tradition of doing Swedish pancakes every Sunday morning of General Conference. I have yet to master the art of making Swedish pancakes, so Ashley and I stole a tradition from my mom's brother's family - waffles with ice cream . . .


Yes, friends, that is a blueberry waffle with vanilla ice cream for lunch. And what did I have for breakfast? Leftovers. But, not just any leftovers, these leftovers:
Cheesy scrambled eggs with tomatoes, the most incredible fajita fixin's, and salsa verde (green salsa for all of you gringos). Spray with a little lime . . . amazing.

3 comments:

  1. i like that your #1 is #1 ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did ice cream and waffles too!! Great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are probably too impatient in cooking them like I am. But it looks like you have found a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete