Sunday, September 18, 2011

Welcome to My World

I thought it might be fun to give you all a picture tour of my lunch break the other day; kind of show you around my world for a little.

This here, was my office a few months ago. I have since cleaned it. The papers have since repopulated across my desk until late this week, when I issued an organization order and the papers retreated into neat stacks and tidy piles while the no-longer-necessary papers were promptly dealt with. Many of the boxes in the back are now back in deep storage.


Every now and then, I need to get up, walk around, get the blood flowing, and breathe some fresh air. Welcome to my lunch break.

A view of my building, Two Prudential Plaza, from Stetson Ave. We're somewhere up there.






When it's not snowing, raining, or a bazillion degrees, I like to eat here, in the Pritzker Pavilion while listening to random bands or orchestra practice:


Or here, watching tourists and school kids play around the giant, silver bean:


Or here, in the Laurie Gardens, where it's a little bit quieter and a bit more, well, garden-y:




And if sitting doesn't fit your fancy (or your fanny), and it doesn't mine, you can take a walk with me to see some cool stuff around the park.

Like Grant Park and the Buckingham Fountain in the distance:


Or the Cancer Survivors Garden in Grant Park:




Or maybe you're like me and you like to watch the boats:


Or maybe you're not like me and you like modern art . . . wierdo:


Or maybe you just like the non-stop hustle of the city (I prefer the quieter boat scene myself):


Anyways, hope you enjoyed a little tour around the place. If you want to come visit us, let me know. We like visitors (although, honestly, we'll have a little more free time once I finish my CPA exams and Ashley finishes her internship . . .).


(This last picture is actually six separate pictures stitched together with a cool, free Microsoft program. Not too shabby, except that I didn't shoot at all the right heights, hence the black issues at the top. Still, pretty cool stuff.)

1 comment:

  1. Baby John! Wow, the adventures that life takes us on. I'm glad I can see all the things you have been up to on your blog. Way cool pictures of the city. By the way, I'm super impressed with all of your wife's pastry school stuff. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete