Saturday, June 19, 2010

The San Diego Fair!

During the two summers that I lived in San Diego while working at Provide Commerce, I wanted to go to the San Diego Fair. Well, this year, I actually did! It was my first real fair experience and it was awesome! Here's a small run down on the adventure:

A ride from the parking lot to the fair grounds on the top level of a double-decker bus (for all the ladies, tie your hair back and bring a jacket - Ashley was cold and her hair was all over the place).


We saw tons of exhibits of really interesting stuff and some really odd stuff (a collection of things that someone's dog brought into their bed . . .). My favorite was the wood display. There were some phenomenal pieces of art there. I really wanted this $15,000 desk that was there . . . but that's not going to happen for a long while. They sure did have some fun stuff, though.


They also had floral showrooms, which I also enjoyed (yes, I like looking at flowers and flower arrangements, there's nothing un-manly about that!). Ashley liked this one:


And of course when you're at the fair, you must buy unhealthy food. We settled on funnel cake in place of deep friend Snickers bars, deep fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, super-sized donuts, etc.


We have "season tickets," so we're going back. I'll post more pictures of our fair adventures, including that super cool desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment