Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten Reasons Why I Love Being Married to Ashley

Yesterday was a rough day. In fact, it's been a challenging year between MRSA, the flu, other random sicknesses, unemployment, starting and/or finishing school, moving to new cities in different parts of the country, getting new callings, all while adjusting to married life. The nerd in me calculated that I've been married just 4% of my entire life. I'm still getting used to it. But I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything, even for skydiving, bull riding, or surfing exotic locations. Here are just ten reasons why:

1. I married my best friend. Being able to share all of life's challenges and rewards with someone who cares about me and whom I care deeply about is incredibly fulfilling.

2. Ashley helps me live the Gospel. Having a wife who loves the Lord and who wants to do what is right makes doing what is right so much easier.

3. My wife is incredibly creative. Take, for example, our fun dates she plans, like going to Barnes and Noble for a "scavenger hunt" or a teddy bear picnic (which we didn't get to do because I was sick) - married life is fun because of Ashley's creativity, dedication and thoughtfulness.

4. I have someone to share with. Sharing is caring and fulfilling. We've shared a lot of tough times this year and I'm sure we'll continue to have challenges along the way, but those challenges bring us together because we share them. And we get to share the good times too, like going to Hawaii, doing date nights, going to Virginia, Hollywood, Yuma, Kingman, Circle X, and a million other fun places and activities.

5. Ashley is a great cook. Enough said. :)

6. When I'm down, Ashley lifts me up. When she's down, I lift her up. Friends do that, too, but to have a best friend with me all the time who cares about me enough to be concerned about whether or not I'm happy is another level that I love about being married.

7. Being married, my family doubles. I have great in-laws and I love them.

8. Who wouldn't want to be married to a total babe? Well, I am. I like that, too. ;)

9. Ashley makes me laugh. I'm so lucky to have someone with a great sense of humor who takes so much of life in stride and helps me see the bright side of things. Being married to a girl who laughs a lot and makes me laugh is awesome.

10. I love being married to Ashley because I love Ashley. I couldn't ask for a better fit for me than my funny, cute, talented, brave, compassionate, diligent, beautiful, strong, crafty, creative, courageous, smart, persistent, trustworthy, thoughtful, loyal, wonderful bride, Ashley.

3 comments:

  1. Yep! Your wife is pretty darn amazing. How in the world did you get someone like her?? Haha just kidding. I know how. It's because you are an amazing guy...you both deserve each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sniff sniff, wow, what an amazing and wonderful guy you are - I couldn't have picked a better husband for Ash if I tried!!! We love you both so much and are sooooo grateful you are part of our family - through the good times and the rough ones too - it is great to have a supportive family in both situations. We love and pray for you continually. sniff sniff - happy happy tears I am SO glad you found Ashley because I wanted her to find someone as wonderful as YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete